Campbellsville Baptist Church is a family of
believers bonded together by the following core beliefs which all our teaching
and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines:
- We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Genesis 1:1, 26-27; 3:22; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 14:6-12; II Corinthians 13:14; I Peter 1:2; and I John 5:7
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven.
- Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 9:6; Isaiah 53:1-12; Matthew 1: 20-23; Luke 2:4-14, 21; John 1:1-5; Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; I Corinthians 15:3-4; and Hebrews 4:14-15, 9:28, 10:10,12,14,19
- We believe that Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
- Matthew 16:27; I Timothy 6:14-15; II Timothy 4:1; and Titus 2:13
- We believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation and is the comforter and guide who lives in every believer.
- John 14:25-26, 15:26, 16:7-15; Romans 8:14-16; I Corinthians 2:12; and II Corinthians 3:17
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole and sufficient authority for life and faith.
- Psalm 119:9, 11, 105, 160; Isaiah 55:11; and II Timothy 3:16-17
- We believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man, Adam, mankind as a whole “fell” or became sinners in need of salvation.
- Genesis 1:26-27, 3:1-19; Romans 3:23; and I Corinthians 15:21-33
- We believe that salvation is a gift received through repentance (having a change in mind or the way one thinks about sin) toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- John 3:16; Acts 16:31, 17:30; Romans 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-9; and II Peter 3:
- We believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I Corinthians 3:11-15; II Corinthians 1:22; and Ephesians 1:13, 4:30
- We believe that those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity in Hell, and those persons who die with their sins forgiven through Jesus Christ spend eternity in Heaven.
- II Corinthians 5:6-8; II Thessalonians 1:6-9; Revelation 19;5-9; and Revelation 20:11-15
- We believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation.
- Matthew 3:13-17; Colossians 2:12; and Titus 3:5
THE LORD'S SUPPER
- We believe the Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience, whereby believers in Jesus Christ, through the bread and drink, memorialize the death of our Redeemer.
- Matthew 26:126-30, Romans 6:3-5
- We believe that the church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
- Romans 16:5; I Corinthians 16:19; and Ephesians 5:23-27, 32
- We believe that each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 6:9-13; Romans 8:16; II Thessalonians 5:17; and Hebrews 10:19-20
further explanation, see the Baptist Faith and Message: CLICK HERE